Thread: Flightradar24
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2019, 13:03
ACW342

Location: 75' from the runway edge and 150' from the threshold
Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
Emergency Services broadcast

Beardy,
I Believe that the emergency services use a system to broadcast and receive transmissions called trunking. Your average cheap scanner, in particular air band radios for the aviation enthusiast certainly can't do this. No, I don't know how it works and I've never understood the instructions on my iComm receiver showing how it works. I know that the PSNI not only use this but also use encrypted radio so I suspect that various other forces also encrypt their radios. As I said previously, if it IS legal to listen in to such transmissions, it is most certainly illegal to disseminate what you have heard. Perhaps those with MUCH more knowledge of the subject than I could help us out on this. Interestingly, am I breaking the law by feeding my ADS-B info to an American company based outside the UK legal and justice system. Similarly, if I feed the live position height and speed of Air Force One, is the US SS going to try and have me extradited for having revealed D J Trumps position to the world?

A342