PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightradar24
Thread: Flightradar24
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2019, 10:43
ACW342

Location: 75' from the runway edge and 150' from the threshold
Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006

Vin Rouge "Apart from that being technically illegal in the UK, in accordance with the wireless telegraphy act 2006." Which bit of the above act states that it is illegal to receive wireless signals, other than those used for the reception of television signals, for which a license is required? It is my understanding that in the UK it is NOT illegal to receive wireless signals outside the TV spectrum, BUT, that in certain cases, it is illegal to act on the information received, hence the massive payouts by certain newspapers, revealing information from hacked phone calls. So if I see an aircraft on my computer screen, with a callsign of, say, Kitty 1, and it is squawking 7700 and I then call my local TV station to tell them that an aircraft carrying HM Queen Elizabeth II is in distress, then I am breaking the law. (Oh and by the way, I don't use a wire coat hangar as an antenna, rather an eight element co-linear co-axial (CoCo) antenna which gives me reception of ADS-B out to about about 220nm.)

A342