PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2019, 17:27
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly that unity doesn't exist at BA - we're all doing different jobs (PP24/34, SH/LH, junior/senior, LGW/LHR). It'll get a lot worse before people start to push back here.
Completely agree. Which is why it is bittersweet seeing the faux militancy from some BA pilots who are on very good contracts with senior LH positions and pensions over 50% of their junior counterparts could only dream of shout loudly for strike action. Ask a senior chap/ess about the conditions for those at the bottom of the pile....."no idea, but I did my time down there” is often the response. And it’s that apathy and myopia which has made our T&Cs so hard to defend from the present management culture.

Its very easy to blame Balpa - about as easy as not having any interest in anything that doesn’t affect you, like BARP, like PP34, like the demise of BA SH as a sustainable career choice.

We won’t go on strike because we have no unity left. I believe in the past we had some. We must have, as I joined at the beginning of the current decade and was impressed at what my predecessors had preserved for my generation of new joiners. I can’t say I’d join today and think the same.

All IMHO, and I’m sure some senior folk will be along to deride such a view of the BA pilot workforce, but I’m afraid many of my colleagues need to wake up and glance beyond the end of their nose. Things can and will get a lot worse if we don’t find some way of pulling together in the same direction - I really hope we are finally at that point.