PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New AF/KLM CEO killing the one part of the company that makes money?
Old 16th Feb 2019, 16:32
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_S
I guess that in those circumstances English would need to be the common language. I suspect that one part of the company would find that unacceptable.
Not really, You are talking about the administrative language or the operational language ? Indeed for many countries, the administrative must be in the language where the airline is located by law . France and Spain for instance still have this rule. Not sure for the Netherlands , but last time I looked ( many moons ago I must admit). the KLM administrative papers were in Dutch... The Lufthansa admin is only in German by the way..
But making the operational language English poses no major problem anymore I would say especially since the pure domestic pilots are long gone and language proficiency tests are now mandatory..
Anyway , first there are ways around it , and secondly rules can always be changed... This is why I look at the Canadian ideas with some interest.. ( and by the way , in Canada they also use 2 languages on the frequency .. . )