PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 16th Feb 2019, 01:51
EXDAC

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Good Business Sense
Yeh, confusion indeed - A 59 year old UK resident with a UK PPL and an FAA add on based on his EASA license is what we're talking about - can I suggest that you read up on the EASA regulations which apply in this case - particularly on the examples you gave. Getting back to the point raised i.e. hour building - the pilot in this case had plenty of hours.
The post I answered was not specific to the accident pilot. It was a statement with no context and demonstrably untrue in the context for which I responded. If you want to narrow the context to EASA rules perhaps you could provide a reference. The only EASA rules I have have found relating to age 60 single pilot operations apply only to Commercial Air Transport.

FCL.065 Curtailment of privileges of licence holders aged 60 years or more in commercial air transport (a) Age 60-64. Aeroplanes and helicopters. The holder of a pilot licence who has attained the age of 60 years shall not act as a pilot of an aircraft engaged in commercial air transport except as a member of a multi-pilot crew.

"Commercial air transport" means the transport of passengers, cargo or mail for remuneration or hire.

How would this regulation apply to, for example, banner towing, crop spraying, or glider towing? Perhaps there is another EASA regulation that does apply?