PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Supraventricular tachycardia
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2019, 17:52
Aviator_NZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Radgirl
So you had a normal ECG with a rate of 100-110. The most likely reason for the reading of 216, given the lack of symptoms, is that the machine, whatever it was, was double counting. Unless a qualified doctor SAW an ECG trace

The next question is what is the rate when you have palpitations? I suspect it is higher than your 'normal' 100. You need a 24 hour ECG to produce a recording of what the palpitations are. A cardiologist can then advise you but often this can be treated by a daycase procedure, and after a period of review other regulators have granted a Class 1

So I would suggest you ask for a '24 hour ECG' which you may need to wear for several days to record a palpitation episode and then get to a cardiologist. You wont get a Class 1 without it and although the commoner cause are totally treatable, just leaving it might carry some risk.

The doctors at the hospital manually checked my pulse and it was quite high at times too. The hospital got in touch with a cardiologist so they should follow up within the next week or so.