PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2019, 22:18
tf412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HannahWrigley
I think on 17k you could manage it. It would be like £1200 a month excluding the £60 a week. You'll be so busy with college you won't have to worry too much about funding like leisure type stuff, so most of what you earn could go to bills/rent/mortgage/food and £1200 a month should be plenty for that. I get less than that now and pay for rent/food/bills in the South already and have money to spare so as long as you watch what you spend you'll be fine.
I've no doubt I could manage on that amount if I was single, even if it required me to make some sacrifices. Problem is, a £950 mortgage payment and ensuring two little kids have food on the table sadly don't fall into the "leisure" category...

Originally Posted by DoStuffAndStuff
How are people coming to the conclusion that you can reapply in April if you fail? From what I understood from the email, only if you fail to complete the stages by the deadline or if you voluntarily withdraw can you reapply in April.
I had exactly the same thought earlier today, as that's exactly how the email came across to me too. But then I called NATS to discuss something else and was told that reapplication *will* be possible in April with no need to wait 12 months if you happen to fail at any of the earlier stages. So, it sounds to me that they are making more substantial changes to the selection process than just the way it is delivered, and perhaps someone who doesn't perform that well on one of the current tests might perform differently on one of the new ones. Pure speculation, of course, but that's how it came across.