PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do NOT work here - CAL
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2019, 08:58
Ex CAL FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, I'm not interested to offend anybody or complaining about another culture I just want to be useful for other pilots that may think to join CAL.
As FO I've been in CAL for sometime and what was the reality was not what they were advertising to find people, more or less about everything.
I never had any training or flying issue with them even if it may sounds strange. But this is.

The biggest issue for a First Officer joining CAL is that will be probably never upgrade or if it will never happen will be after long long time. Now, do you really want to take the risk to waste your time there and not being appreciated for your work? Do you really want to sit next to a captain that most of the time has less knowledge than you? Some of them may be are nice but others are just arrogant and you will never know what they are really thinking.
The warning I'm giving to all the FO to don't go there is even more serious after this long Strike they are having where the union (legally in Taiwan an expat can be part of the union but locals don't want expats in the union) as usual is fighting against expats. CAL agrees to don't hire anymore Captains for some time and just block any FO to be upgraded.

To the public opinion they can show whatever but this is what it is happening.
I'm really glad I went away even if I lost 22000 usd (barely legal) because what I gained has much more value.

I'm sorry for those few nice Taiwaneses that are involved in all this even not wanting it.

P.S. it's just ridiculous when you support a local captain for a sim session and the instructor for the oral test ask questions to you and not to the captain. Unbelievable. Of course my correct answer was followed by "I'm not here to be checked but someone else yes".