PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2019, 07:16
Whispering87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Many Tentacles
Without wishing to sound too harsh, if you've failed the DART tests twice you may well not be the right type for air traffic. I don't mean that in a rude way, it's just a fact that some people have their brains wired the right way to do the job and some don't. There's some that make it through the second stage and the interviews would find them out and there's some who make it through the interviews as well - because as we all know there's enough floating around the internet and PMs on this forum to allow anyone to be pretty well prepared for the interview stage. However, it will catch up with you at some point and then you've wasted a load of time trying to get a job that you just don't have the aptitude for and you're back at square one having wasted over a year of your life with nothing to really show for it.

That said, don't let me put you off. I know of several people that I work with who got in after more than one attempt and they're very competent controllers.
It's cool, I get it. I feel comfortable for the most part and have no issue getting through FEAST, it's just when they turn up the heat in the final stage of dart, I tend to lose track! A big part of the job I know!!

I may give it one more go. It's been a few years between tests and I'd forgot quite how dart went so I could really immerse myself in practice specifically around that for one final crack.