PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 50 Years of the 747
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2019, 03:37
redparrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil upper deck disco dance floor

Hello from Mississauga On Canada I have just retired from Air Canada after 38 years as an AME.You could say I was bred for the job as my Mom was one of the first flight attendents for TCA {Loadstar,DC-3 North star } and my Dad was a pilot with TCA {DC-3 Northstar Super Conni Bristol Freighter Vicount Vanguard DC-8 }. When I was about 14 years old my Dad told us we were going to Paris for vacation and would be flying on the brand new B-747. Our family got seats in the front end and the head pursuer was an old family friend .We were served Roast beef from a huge roast on a trolly carved with a huge carving knife and fork.Next the pursuer invited myself and my sister to the upper deck and showed us the stand up bar and the lighted disco dance floor.He had me pick some music for the 8 track and we rocked on!!! But the best was yet to come. My Dad said it was time to visit the flight deck and he warned me to make sure the Captain was looking at me when we talked as he would need to lip read me due to the fact he was almost deaf !!!! Dad went on to explain that the Captain could still pass the medical if he wore a headset. I remember the flight deck was quite tight and my dad and the captain launched into a long conversation. Suddenly the co-pilot interrupted with a worried look on his face and my dad said it was time to go back to our seats. We had an engine failure and we had to turn back to Newfoundland. But that's another story !!!!!