PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Startup:ValuAir Singapore
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2003, 13:35
Slasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
happy to see that there are still a few pilots out there with a vision slighter longer than the paycheck.
I thought a bloke like you Barnsey would well know that is exactley what SQ executives (ex or not) take advantage of for there own purposes. You forgoten 1993? For all the rah-rah hype and hoopla the hard cold facts are:

* join a Singapore outfit esp run in any way by those with SQ management-thinking and youll quickley realise your an expat whos needed but definatley not wanted.

* no mention has been made of the names of those on the Valuair board. Whats the big secret? Or will the names put people off?

* the poster "Valuair" also makes no answer to my question of what the pay and conditions will be. Again whats the big secret lah? Or his he doing a Leonard & Maurice trick with that one?

Outsiders may think a lo-cost no-frills airline in Singapore would be the same akin to the formula used by the highley (and rightley) succesfull Southwest airlines in the States, to a similar extent Virgin in the UK, and even Airasia in Malaysia. If you think it does, yep by all means join Valulah and learn lessons the hard way. If ex-SQ honchos were in no way involved I wouldve given a cautious thumbs up ("cautious" as there is no USA/UK type democracey in Singas).

And btw Mr Valuair and Mr JON, I have no interest in anything whatsoever with Singapore or its outfits so theres no personal profit nor gain for writing these posts. However I hope Ive given some people something to think about before rushing in without thinking the whole thing through. And remember you two that colectivley we are expats, and expats share information (even if unintentionaly badley spelled) wether its to your liking or not. This is PPRuNe and not the PAP's Straits Times where criticism is ridiculed and the realy hard questions rubbished, ignored or frowned upon.