PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 11th Feb 2019, 12:04
Webby737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oggers
I do not agree. By definition he made this flight in contravention of the system. Most people manage to build their hours without breaking the law. There are always unprofessional types who operate in a culture of non-compliance where they think they can get away with it. We are seeing the consequences of that here.
This is why I said "I don't in any way condone his actions of deciding to fly that evening I can sort of understand why"
However I was unaware of his age, it's certainly a bit late in life to pursue a CPL/ATPL which begs the question what was he doing there if it was not for some sort of reward, financial or otherwise ?
Everything in this industry is black and white, either you fly or you don't, it's clearly written in the regulations, MEL, SRM etc.
But as you say, there are always some who will bend/break the rules and think they will get away with it, unfortunately this just leads to more legislation that we who abide by the system have to follow.