PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2003, 10:28
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riding different horses.

Ferris

Dealing with AOPA issues and dealing with political ideology are two different things.

Most who own aircraft lean towards 'Liberalism', for me to push my politics would be unacceptable unless I declared that was my intent prior to election.

HOWEVER, Jane Errey, my partner and fellow Board member was National Vice President of the Democrats for a year and an exec member for many more. Me, I find the Democrats too right wing and work hard at election time to ensure 'leveraged voting' happens. By leveraged I mean Lefty enough to scare the Liberal's running mates, the ALP, back into the land of realistic alternative.

NAS, I personally am not an airspace expert. I'd say gaunty feels the same. This is why we post here and really do consider your views. However, it is beholden on us to listen to members views more carefully. Now, there ain't many 'involved' members, believe me, if you three 'rational' ATC PPRuNe'rs joined and expreesed you will to the Board followed by a member number, you could make a BIG difference.

PERSONALLY I see no real problem with NAS2b EXCEPT I fail to see how a low time PPL is going to be able to read position from a SCALED VFR chart, then interpolate that to an UNSCALED and VARIABLE ERC with enough accuracy to be on the right freq when the meatbombs drop or the IFR takes off out of Dunk. But like I said that is a PERSONAL opinion that the Board is aware of and which was taken into account when the Board formulated its current Board policy.

AK