PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2019, 21:38
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fratemate
I think you misunderstood him, Jrmyl, he's talking about DECs.

DC: Yes, I think if you came here as a DEC then you would be waiting longer because I think the majority of captains will go to the 787 before they have to push some to go or assign the most junior/new joiners. There are plenty who want to stay on the 767 and there are a few who cannot convert due to the age rules they've put in place but I still believe it will be a some time before they get to the bottom of the captains list to convert, whereas the FO list will be gobbled up more quickly because there is a higher % who do not want to go.....the reasons mostly explained above.

Cindy: It is true we do not have the proportions of female to male pilots that some airlines have. In fact, we're even worse off than Jrmyl says because we lost one of our female FOs back to Qantas. Their gain and definitely our loss. We've now only got two and I am not going to put words into their mouths about how they feel they are treated but, hopefully, they don't feel discriminated against. ANA Mainline have quite a few female pilots, so I don't think any discrimination is a deliberate policy. If we lack female pilots in AJX it may be just because not that many have applied. We did have two other girls. One was here a reasonable amount of time but left when she failed her second attempt to upgrade. The other barely got into line training and went; it wasn't for her for quite a few reasons and I would say none of them were because she was discriminated against....in fact she had a lot of help. I'm sure there's a bunch of sexist old farts in the ANA Group but it is my opinion that if there are any in AJX they are few and far between.
Woops, you are correct. He did say DEC. My bad.

Isn't there a lady in training right now? If so that would make the 3 I was talking about. Even so, still a small number.