PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Feb 2019, 14:22
HowardB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to provide an alternative view of Qatar to colofly72

First a disclaimer - I am not a pilot & don't work for QA so cannot comment on them as an employer. However I first came to Qatar in '91 and since then have spent over ten years living in Doha split over three separate contracts.

Quality of life is generally good and its one of the safest places my wife and I have lived. Prices are different compared with the rest of the world - some things like petrol & prime steak are inexpensive but others like accommodation are high. There are world class sports facilities and good international schools along with a superb museum but since its a small country you will need to travel regularly if you get bored easily.

Finally if they want, there is plenty for ladies to do. Maids are very affordable so they are free to work (until recently my company employed a Serbian, an Indian & a Jordanian ladies as engineers in our small division) or to join with one of the ladies social groups. Some women drive (like my better half) but for those that find the traffic an issue Uber & similar services its easy to get around without the need to drive.