PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2019, 07:09
desertcamel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fratemate
Cindy,

There are plenty of AJX pilots who wear glasses. Talk to the contract agency (CREW would be best for an American) and they'll let you know the exact standards. You can make a decision from there but it's not the astronaut medical that many claim it is. China, on the other hand.....

Desert Camel,

At the moment new joiners cannot request the 787 until 1.5 years of being in the company (from the most recent communication). However, we might see things change. There are quite a few FOs who have not requested to move to the 787 because it will muck up their upgrade plans on the 767 and it is really only the junior guys who have gone across so far. Until there is a definite upgrade program on the 787 many are playing their cards close to their chests. Does this mean AJX will 'force' FOs to transfer? Who knows, but I would think they'll allow the really new guys to go before they did that......just my guess and not based on any word from the Company at all.

I'm sure by now the negatives of the training etc have been discussed enough. We all know it is ridiculously long but I'm sure it doesn't need saying every time someone makes a post. Either accept it and apply or don't bother. It won't change the way the Japanese do things either way, just as us telling them the same things to their faces doesn't change anything.

Fratemate,

Thanks for the info, but how about if one is joining as DEC on the 767? I would guess, it will be opposite. Most Juniors will have to do the whole term before seeing the 787.

DC