PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 9th Feb 2019, 19:17
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronus
Yes it is curious.Makes me wonder whether photo /video imagery from a ROV is sufficient to arrive at a conclusion for the cause or whether the costs involved in raising the wreckage may not be in the public interest, given that a light aircraft on private flight is involved. After all the large scale news and media coverage of this story perhaps is sufficient to have raised public awareness of travel by such means of air transport. I`d imagine in the future before some unwitting member of the public is about to board such a flight he/she or they or some other person concerned with theirs, their own, their business or their families, may ask a few pertinent questions about the flight . Unless of course they have a well developed sense of adventure, and as must be said there could be no adventure without risk. And that depends on how much adrenaline is required for the particular person with the habit.
As someone who has gone looking for the adrenaline rush, driving a Formula 1 car and doing the Cresta Run have been the two best, I can tell you that the briefings for both of those involved a lot of discussion of broken limbs, missing limbs and death. Yet, when I have flown passengers I gave a safety briefing, I haven’t given a risk briefing because the whole purpose of aviation for me was to conduct myself and my passengers safely to their destination. The added risk comes from breaking the rules and you either have to stop rule breaking or give passengers enough information to know when rules are being broken.