PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 9th Feb 2019, 02:28
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clareprop
Is it not time that this bolleaux is brought to an end.? Ridiculous comments regarding diving limits by people who obviously don't have a clue and similarly wild speculation on aviation matters. It's obvious that questions are going to be asked but at least have some respect and wait for the official conclusion.
Clare, my apologies for not agreeing with you but there are two topics of interest to me now.

1) The investigation, not the diligent safety investigation being undertaken by the AAIB, but what I assumed would be a concurrent investigation undertaken by the police. An investigation must now be undertaken because there will be an inquest but it seems that justice would have been well served by a swift operation to secure evidence or do the police assume that there are only transgressions of the ANO and can wait until the AAIB have completed their work?
2) I am interested in how many pilots consider the value of passengers for 3rd party liability before agreeing to transport them. There are several football companies who are looking for recompense, as well as people associated with the person who actually booked the flight as well as the family of the passenger. The trustees from Southern Aircraft Consultancy will have protected themselves by way of an Operator Agreement with somebody and no doubt have already passed the name of that person/organisation to the FAA. If the Insurance Policy of the Operator is in any way insufficient, then the Operator/estate of the pilot could be on the wrong end of a multi million pound legal action. Could the estate of the pilot be protected if an actual/implied contract of employment exists with the Operator?