PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your first "I learned something from that" story?
Old 8th Feb 2019, 17:06
3wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Olympia463
Ah, another 463 pilot. we are a rare bunch, as not many were made. I had BGA1305.

I had lots of fun in Sold it when I left the club on changing jobs, and it was destroyed in a midair a couple of years later when the Tiger chopped the tail off it. The CFI was flying it and he took to his chute and survived, but the tug pilot was killed. Very sad - he was a BBC cameraman and had made a nice film of our club.
Another happy ex Oly 463 owner. I had BGA 1342, serial number 013, and spent many happy hours in it over Kent, Scotland and Austria. We sold it to buy a Bocian in about 1973 and had great fun with that too.

Unfortunately the buyer of our Oly spun it in at Pershore in 1982. I have tried everywhere to find an accident report without success. Any idea where I can find it?

Incidentally the ASN website says your Oly was involved in a mid air collision with a Tiger moth and that both pilots were killed. You may wish to ask them to update their information.
https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=65775