PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US HEMS Accident
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2019, 01:13
Arcal76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you SASless,

If you fly manually at night in snow showers and turn the landing light ON, the result is more than disturbing and is the best way to loose everything. If you are coupled, just turn the light off and continue as long as it is a brief shower.
I will be very, very surprised if those machine had any sort of autopilot / flight director.
And I also agree than your experience can be vastly different from what the job requires, even if you have the 2000 hrs required, but in any case, you have to start somewhere on a new job.
Nobody had night time until you start flying at night, I mean real night flying, not around a town.
Nobody has HEMS time until you start flying HEMS.
It is important in this case to get all information's, advises, experiences from other crew to reduce any possibility to get caught in a stupid way because you were not aware of those problems.
In aviation, you don't know what you don't know.
We still have this mentality of keeping information's for ourselves just because we hire a pilot with 2000 / 3000 hrs.
Well, every time you change job, you will have to discover something...something you did not know.....and sometimes, you will be very surprised....
Was she aware of those situations?