PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado GR4 last flight
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2019, 06:44
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BVRAAM
I think your axe to grind against the President is very clear. Claiming that you have no particular axe to grind against the President, but then following up with, "though it does sadden me that a great, liberal nation that I have admired my whole life should now find itself being led by such a deeply unimpressive and unlikeable buffoon" is contradictory to say the least!
To be perfectly clear, I don't have a problem with it, just be honest about it. President Trump is a very controversial and divisive character, and even as a person with conservative political views, I don't necessarily agree with everything he says and does... but I will neither hide approval or disapproval of some of his words and actions.

As for the Daily Mail, that website is a pioneer in what is known as "Fake News."
I agree about the Daily Mail - it's a dreadful rag. As I said before, I merely reported what it reported, and expressed my belief that they 'got it wrong.'

I don't believe that the tangoed oaf's decision to withdraw US forces had anything to do with the British decision to withdraw Tornado, nor the decision not to boost or reinforce the number of Typhoons on Shader - but both of those claims have been made, and I passed them on, with a suitable caveat.

I don't have an axe to grind with your current president. I don't like him, I don't respect him, and I don't rate him, but I don't have any axe to grind. I watch with a mixture of horror and amusement as he demonstrates his unfitness to lead, and watch, 'popcorn in hand', waiting to see whether he escapes being impeached.

On this, as so often, Trump is an irrelevance.