View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2019, 23:05
NutLoose

Originally Posted by ATNotts View Post
I wouldn't believe those number quoted in the "Indeed" link.

I use a facility based out of a former petrol forecourt and last time I was there I did a quick calculation based on number of people working, price and time taken for each vehicle, and I doubt that the money taken would cover anywhere near the figures they quoted, and that's before little matters of NI, water rates, business rates, and of course a nice fat salary for the gang master - sorry, owner. Lads do a bloody good job though, always cheery, always polite and friendly.

Not looking forward to the day, in a couple of years, when it's back to the bucket and portable vacuum cleaner. Another Brexit dividend!! Seriously though, I really don't understand why trading standards don't clamp down on these slave drivers. I'd happily pay a bit more to see them earn a half decent (legal) wage.

So is mine, based on a closed shell garage, 10 gets the car and interior, boot included done with all galas in and out, the tyres blacked and a free air freshener, 5 simply does the externals with tyres blacked and air freshener. I used to spend more on jet washing it.