PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 5th Feb 2019, 07:39
Daysleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Its all being decided now as reported from GCI in past 12 hours - Sala's family are demanding the wreck to be raised plus having discussions with the Pilots family,
I read earlier here the wreck site is just in UK waters (well on the border thereof)

AFAIK are the French very involved in recovery and investigation compared to the AAIB ? but please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
The position being given on AIS for GeoOcean over the last couple of days appears to be outside UK and CI territory. It looks also to be outside French territorial waters. I.e. it is outside 12 nm from both, indeed more than 24 nm from the French coast.

What this means I’m not sure but as it is a US registered aircraft does it default to US law or does it become something else?

Regarding a coroner, it depends on what, if any, remains are recovered. I doubt a British coroner has any jurisdiction for an Argentine citizen, in a US aircraft, in international waters.

Of course where the ship is and where the wreck is may be different... but not by miles in that depth of water.