Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2019, 20:19
Curious Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=bayer328;10380161]
Originally Posted by LFC22
Site of PremiAir at the viewing park

Looking at this photo does this mean passengers using the new private terminal will be entering by Sunbank Lane, and more importantly parking in the RVP?
Looking forward their is a possibility of a conflict for the photographers amonst the tas members and the events planned for summer by AVP. Th most viable option would be a viewing deck for photographers postioned southside and leave the viewing park for general visitors and young families.
A diagram a guy from the new terminal had at the RVP last week showing the state in mid 2019 portrayed the access as branching off the road into the RVP behind the Nimrod and Trident to a dedicated car park in SE corner of the current car park. A covered walkway to the terminal will go through where the 2 small mounds are now. The longer lower mound will be extended by 80 metres to compensate. Looks like passengers will go through security in the terminal, and come out airside to be ferried to their flight.

The latest TAS mag announced the cancellation of the annual event in July due to the work going on.

Originally Posted by AndrewH52
Has this gone through planning or is it being done through Approved Development? If the latter I’m amazed it’s being permitted, to be honest. It strikes me as a means of circumventing the planning process and adding capacity without due process. The T2 extension application was at pains to stress it was designed to replace not add terminal capacity, yet MAG is already saying capacity will be 35m on completion (compared to 25m in the planning application). This could arguably add another million without any evaluation of the potential impacts on the local road network.
Given the terminal won’t have any flights departing from it I can’t see it affecting the overall capacity. Bear in mind a million passengers a year through it would equate to 300 or more pax/hour at peak times - that’s not plausible through the size of building they are planning. 20-30 an hour would be more realistic I would think otherwise it won’t be the exclusive experience they are promoting. It’s a tool to extract more money from the existing group of punters who are prepared to cough up for special treatment. A souped up version of paying a few quid extra to get the current Fast Track option through security if you will.