PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Plane crash' at Nepal's Kathmandu airport
Old 4th Feb 2019, 05:13
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bravo Delta
I made a comment RE - this disaster- my comment was removed by the administrator. I think this will have the same fate.
This crash was Murder by the industry - how on earth can a child fly a Q400 with 390 flight time. Nothing to do with a smoking crying captain - Get your heads out of the sand.

Respect to those who lost family.
In 22 years in the LHS of various multi crew aircraft, including Q400 and larger and faster machines I have flown with numerous F/Os with 300 hours or less, and whilst they may have still had things to learn about operating the aircraft, as indeed I did and still do, I never had any doubt that they would use the words “go-around” and “I have control” as required.

At the risk of being taken as non pc, there are possibly some cultures where a more inherent respect for ones elders or superiors might mean that isn’t a good thing, but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case in Australia, any more than it is in Europe.

Whst that, plus a lack of proper CRM training (ASIT etc) may have had a bearing on this accident, it’s very unfair to suggest that is the case at every airline in the world which employs low houred first officers who haven’t spent years flying a C206 single crew around the Boondocks.