PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 3rd Feb 2019, 19:27
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronus
How much does a PA46 piston cost to hire these days . More than a PA28 or a C152 I`d have thought. Could your average gas fitter afford it. So who paid for the hire, if no money changed hands who owed whom a favour. And who found the gas fitter and handed him the keys. There seems so far a trio involved in that ensemble. The footballers agent, his son and a pilot who appears to have done all sorts of dare-does with puddle jumpers. Out of this trio who is the one who is in the know with aeroplanes, must be the dare-do puddle jumper bloke.
There was a time when jumping at any chance to fly and build up hours towards that left seat regular job made sense and offered an opportunity of a career change. I cannot in this instance how it would have made sense to a 59 year old.
Let’s go for some accuracy. The footballer’s agent was not the footballer’s agent, he was the agent representing Nantes Football Club. He was the second hand car dealer and the footballer was the second hand car. And by the way, he isn’t even the football agent because he is not a fit and proper person, his son is the agent but his email release showed who was running the show. There is only one self confessed manipulator of people and what people think. He is not a novice to aviation, he knows about owning and operating aircraft and doesn’t seem to be the sort of person who would leave an intermediary to take care of the detail. I hope the investigators don’t discover that after his selective release of communications, everything else has been deleted. The communications between the parties on the Monday after the pilot was told that the flight was always intended to be at night will be very interesting.