PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bose ProFlight headset user reviews
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2019, 14:12
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been a Bose headset user for around 15 years with the X and the A20, so I was naturally excited to buy the Pro Flight but my excitement was short-lived, as I returned mine and am very happy using my A20 again.

- The side pads lacked sufficient padding and I found the Proflight was far more 'noticable' on my head and overall it was less comfortable.

- The cable design from the headset seemed to brush against my upper arm, whenever my arm was moved. This was was more of a nuisance than anything.

- The tap control always activated inadvertently on landing and take off, which was very distracting and I found it actually amplified noise whilst flying. I found it was easier to take the earbud out and listen to who was talking to me.

- I found stowing the Pro Flight properly took a little longer than the A20 and the carry case provided looked very smart, but I felt it was not as robust and hard wearing as the nylon carry case that houses the A20.

The Proflight has the potential to be an amazing headset but I feel Bose needs to make some design changes to achieve this, like what happened with the X morphing into the A20. The warranty for the ProFlight is three years as opposed to five for the A20 which is worthy of note. Does Bose predict a shorter lifespan for some of the components on the ProFight?