PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK armed forces 'face £7bn equipment funding black hole'
Old 3rd Feb 2019, 10:20
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no great interest in politics, brexit, or prophesies of doom and gloom (or bountiful riches). I am interested in objective reality. The opinions of (successful) businessmen, (successful) investors and (talented) academics. I don't pretend to have all the answers; hell I don't even know what a lot of questions are. But I read and I listen.

Last month I listened to an analysis of the utter farce that is (or was...they might be changing it) how student debt (circa 100bn and heading north at some rate https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-44433569) is calculated. In a nutshell, the debt was not on the public spending balance sheet but any income on the interest is..wtf?

So if you choose to dig and read & research some of the eye watering figures behind public sector debt and stuff like the growing first world unsolved-problems with care for elderly ( a problem that does not exist in Chinese, Muslim and Hindu countries, because in all those cultures the elderly are cared for by their families.) you'll realise our society is due for some radical changes.

Oh yeah...Inheritance Tax, I thought of mentioning but I kinda thought that most people of here would be savvy enough to know that Inheritance Tax is absurdly easy to avoid, basically it is tax on on the financially unaware. However, anybody that thinks the incoming wealth taxes (which are in the manifestos of all mainstream UK political parties in one form or another) are in any way comparable to Inheritance Tax, boy are they in for a shock.

Apologies that this is badly written and will be tricky to read, but I'm in hurry. Later.