PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 at AeroStar, Orlando
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2019, 00:52
Flydude737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my FAA ATP and A320 TR back from Aerostar. After seeing complainings and questions, I'd like to say something about this flight school.

First of all, this flight school is a small training facility, it is developing but currently has limited resources. The price of the course is relatively cheap, compare with other similar flight schools. therefore, the ground school is always full, and the SIM schedule is also full all the time. That will bring the problem one if either they or you screw up your training, it's hard to be rescheduled. It doesn't mean impossible but will take time, few days to few weeks.

Talking about the A320 SIM, it's an old machine, can't compare with the new CAE model, especially the display. But it works. The maintenance staffs are very professional and experienced, they always do their best to keep the ball rolling.

During the training, you will meet some different instructors, they have very different background and aviation experience. 95% of the time they will teach you by Airbus SOPs. All nice dudes, but you need to work hard by yourself and with your partner as well.

The FAA check is very straight forward, essential knowledge of A320, general aviation knowledge, flight skill and management.

What I want to say is, if you are an experienced jet pilot, looking for a quick TR training with reasonable price, this flight school works. If you newly get your CPL and want to add a Boeing or Airbus type, then you can consider about this school, but be prepared to do some hard study and works. They treat you like a professional pilot. work hard with your partner and help each other, bless for the rest.

Not a bad flight school, but obviously need to make some improvement of the service.