PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 19:27
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flap 80
Much has been said about the legality or otherwise of cost sharing , the Wingly business potentially eroding safety margins for unsuspecting customers and all discussions relate to the carriage of Human passengers.
is there a potential for similar pseudo commercial flights being made between the Channel Islands and the UK ( and vice versa) for the carriage of animals?
The Jersey Aero club Facebook page now carries an advertisement posted on January 27 th asking for someone “ to pick up a puppy at Lydd on February 16 th” and presumably to fly it to Jersey.
My aunt (who lives in St Brelade) had a spaniel delivered by PA32 flown by someone from the aeroclub who did it as a favour for an elderly lady. Pick up was in Exeter. She was going to give him a bottle of scotch, when I told her how much the flight should have cost for him and his wife to go for lunch she made it a very good bottle of scotch, and I believe his wife cost him a superb bottle of Margeaux do go with the lamb she had at a rather nice eatery in Devon.

No money changed hands in my aunt's case, but I wonder if it has formed an idea on the minds of others.

SND