PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 19:07
Duchess_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve never proclaimed to be close to Airways, but I know both Rob and Steve very well and hence before countering your claim I checked my facts.

They say a week is a long time in politics... I say it’s even longer in Aviaton.

Further - to correct inaccuracies - the HT wasn’t sacked in September - Pedro was in place until starting a TR with a Spanish Carrier and left of his own volition in December. The deputy HT at that time had a difference of Opinion with the CEO/COO and as it was his “train set” the dHT was told his services were no longer required as his style was not suited to the way the CEO wanted to do things

The CFI has long stated his desire to move on - tired of the commute between his home and (very) young family in The Netherlands and Spain. The interesting thing is his choice of next employer means geographically he is closer to home and the commute might be slightly shorter but there’s probably not much in it.

Plans for the future? Who knows? One thing is certain that no plan ever survives contact with the enemy. I don’t think they (the management) would consider themselves one of the big 3 either - but the new CEO has a significantly greater amount of Aviaton/Airline/training experience than the last one and the General Manager is also “well versed” in training and aviation, being an ex 737/767 LTC. Both are well respected in there chosen areas.