PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NH-90 problems
Thread: NH-90 problems
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 18:47
dingo9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 512
I'll bite at this. The biggest bugbear to Yeovil products is the tortuous and arcane MoD procurement process which adds costs, complexity and completely spurious requirements. It then, has a culture of revisiting all decisions every two years and quite often changing the design. Then, the UK operator takes delight in looking across the pond and believing they can do no wrong.
I don’t mean to flipantly bash Yeovil. I’m British and would love to proudly stand behind machines made in Britain. Unfortunately the machines I’ve pesonally collected from Yeovil, as a comercial pilot, have been a bag of spanner’s. Consistently fail acceptance flight with basic things, radios not working- reason Ariel not connected due to cable not being long enough. Heating not working- heating pipe not conected, that’s just to get it to limp out of the factory. After 6 months in our engineers hands all the faults are rectified and they become fairly decent machines, well designed with some really good points. However I stand by my first hand experience of the initial build quality being very shoddy. Maybe I’ve just been unlucky but it sets a bad impression for me am afraid.