PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Australian today QF - NY what pax want.
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 13:18
Beer Baron

Received 153 Likes on 48 Posts
It would be of benefit, if further insight could be provided as to the empirical data being sourced, the coverage of both pilots and route and more importantly what duration of panel data will be collected?
If it is that the data collected covers the whole network, not specific routes, all crew involved and indeed continues to do so for a number of years the observations may be sufficient, from a statistical viewpoint, to make meaningful inferences.
Ahhh... No.
If you actually need that info you can speak to your boss or union representative and get the information directly. But sadly too many posters on here just want to sling **** regardless of the facts.

Pilots aren’t being studied, it’s an outrage!
Oh, they are but the study is not independent.
Ok, it’s independent but it’s gonna be a cover-up.
Alright, not a cover-up, but if I’m not told about and happy with every single methodology of the study then I revert to my first statement that IT’S AN OUTRAGE!’

It doesn’t really matter what I tell you, you’ve decided long ago that everything that Qantas (and AIPA) do is a scam or a c0ck-up and I don’t think you are prepared to accept otherwise. I’ll correct your gross inaccuracies but I’m not going to change your mind.

To borrow a phrase from the younger generation; “Haters gonna hate”