PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 06:53
roger7060

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Introduction and Queries Regarding REX Cadetship

Dear All,

I hope all of you are doing absolutely fantastic.

I have been a silent member of this wonderful forum from past 11 years now! Wow 11 years and no posts. Reason for that is that I am an aviation enthusiast and not a professional aviator. I just enjoyed reading various experiences shared by different users in the past and tried to visualize myself in those situations.

A bit about me. I am 36 years old, married male with no kids. As most of you, I always wanted to be a pilot but my finances never allowed me to pursue my dream and the country I come from (India) is also not the best place to pursue flying.
I have total around 13 years of work experience in IT field most in Fortune 500 Blue Chip companies. All these years 2 things which always remained at the back of my mind were flying and performance cars.

Around 4 years back I received my permanent residency of Australia and I am moving there for good by end of this week.
During my research for the move, I also started searching for flying schools with hope that since I will be in a "First World Country" now I might be able to pursue my dreams. Thats when I came across REX Cadetship program.

Just for the sake of fun I applied for it and received an email from them inviting me to take WOMBAT test.

I have the following queries for the same -
  • Do they invite everyone for the test? I am 36 and most of their cadets in the past are aged between 22-26. Do I really have a chance keeping my age in the mind
  • What can I expect in the WOMBAT test. I mean I have read about it. But can I buy a copy for myself for practice or anything similar to it
  • I have read on the forum that for most of the guys they took a Physics/Maths test post WOMBAT. The email I received does not mention anything about it. Should I ask them about the test?
  • What is your opinion about the whole scenario in general? I mean is it really feasible at my age and circumstances
Note to the Mods

I know that there is a "Mega Merged" thread for rex and "Am I tool old..." but my queries don't fit in there. Please don't delete this thread.

Thank you,
Kind regards.
Donny

Last edited by roger7060; 2nd Feb 2019 at 18:43.