PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Tornado GR1 cockpit project so far
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 00:56
Jayviator

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I have not posted my progress for a while, since my last post I have made a right side panel from cardboard as a temporary measure and managed to get a fuel flow gauge. i replaced the older RWE with a RWHR which is more accurate to the period I am basing my cockpit on, made a left side console, again its justa cardboard box i painted battleship grey sems a pretty good match but will make another from wood eventually. Got a CWP but discovered thats from the rear seat of a GR1T but its only if you cna read the captions you can tell that, its pretty cool becuase the internal circuits have been removed to allow a light to be fitted so it cna be illuminated. Yesterday I got an E-scope but I am waiting until i get more wood so i can make 2 new panels as the left panel the holes are not in the right place (there should be less of a gap between the instrumemnts) and then i can fit the E-scope as well. Then its mostly switches and buttons, and the glareshield but I am not confident I can get those. Still got a few bits from the right console as well but its getting there.

Tornado GR1 cockpit mock up 2019 01 by Jason Evans

Tornado GR1 cockpit left side console by Jason Evans

Tornado GR4 CWP ZG756 by Jason Evans

E-scope by Jason Evans

Last edited by Jayviator; 14th Apr 2019 at 22:16.