PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO seeking advice RYR vs. Legacy Airlines
Old 1st Feb 2019, 18:56
me179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again and also for the many many PMs I got. I'll answer them in the next comming days,

BOKS The career model is: FO for 4 years (could be 3 to 5) on short haul, 4y long, Command Upgrade CPT short then CPT long... I cant predict the future, nor would I choose my employer for the A/C tyepe (as ong at the planes are properly maintained)... I just hope I will make it into CPT longhaul one day.

Actually, I can apply now to EVA AIR on their FO B777 positions with good changes to get the upggrade in 5 yeras...but then again, though I love Asia, I'll always feel insecure about my job.

Concerning RYR: Contrary to most of the news here, Ryanair treated me well. I went happily everyday to work and had a great time. I know it's "unfortunately" not a career airline, but there is no airline I know which offers such a fast career advancement as RYR does. I am based in Dublin now, and I find the accomodation as expensive as in Zurich! Working as a contractor has also its downside...

Anyways, thanks a lot again If I can help with any infos you need, you can always PM me.

ME179