PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2019, 03:19
MPPCAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermin
Not a lot, but just saying that HKA may be riskier in terms of employment verses KA, and around half the money. But its more engaging, less staid and
all that money isn't going to give you a long life. I would imaging the KA boys are a bit embarrassed checking to their new BO , rubbing shoulders with their CX brethren, briefing
(but quietly )their 3 sector, 12 hour China experience that lays ahead, with the CX boys looking forward to 4 crew Madrid or London or JFK. No one would actually choose a KA roster vs a CX one (or HKA 350!) , or am I missing something? (sorry, thread drift)
Yes, you are missing something Vermin. Constant jet lag is the way to go is it? I think I probably speak for the majority (certainly B scalers) when I say KA is not really about the flying. It's all about the contract. Each to their own. Nobody in KA is embarrassed about their roster, leave system, housing, 13th month (shall I go on?) and nobody cares where you are going on your 4 crew trip, certainly not in KA.