PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REASONS TO VOTE AGAINST PROPOSAL 2018
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2019, 01:18
mothy1583

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GMEDX
If the 330 training was a failure then why are KA doing JFO upgrades again next month? You will be seeing CX pilots wearing red ties in the BO. Even more in subsequent months if, as I suspect, the vote is NO.
I wouldn't put too much faith in KA training. I've flown with a few guys that went through their initial upgrades at KA and, though they appreciated the exposure, they all felt it was not beneficial to their course as they had to learn and then unlearn our different procedures - longer courses resulted.

KA let 35+ trainers off the books due to a lack of utilisation. If this approach was a viable way to circumvent the TB, wouldn't they be flat out? The only reason they reinstated these guys was because of the threat of a TB by the DPA. I doubt the "negligible impact" would prompt this reaction so, it stands to reason, that our TB is effective and CX management didn't want to be caught out again. Expansion plans are severely hamstrung. Now they're paying for excess training capacity at KA they would understandably send a few courses that way, but it won't be a flood as the cost savings aren't there. You can also add in the push to expand SO numbers for long-haul (rather than upgrade) to this equation.