PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DSS plea...
Thread: DSS plea...
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2019, 00:56
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plainpilot11

Not true at all. Maybe you’re projecting your own lack of spine, but SO many are ready to walk. Or quit. Or do something else. Please take your own down-and-out attitude to a different profession. We’re busy trying to improve ours.
It’s true and not. Many are willing to walk, except South Africans and locals. Those staying are, in many cases, just gauging the value of their seniority against starting over somewhere else. If the status quo does not improve, I believe those actually leaving will increase substantially compared to what we see today. I think the Company errany thinks that most of those willing or able to leave have left. This is wrong.

That said, nobody wants to be the only one charging the enemy while the rest sit in their trenches. Think JL. This Company will only relent under a full assault from a vast majority of the pilots. KA and based unions need to pony up too. This “I’m alright Jack” mentality needs to go. If we don’t put a stop to this, none of us are going to be alright, including KA and based pilots.

Leadership from the HKAOA is definitely lacking. They seem to want the membership to take the reigns while they lead from behind. This is weak, not leadership. If you can’t or won’t lead, get the hell off the GC. That includes you DSS and RL.

I disagreed with most of Rod’s leadership because he ran a one man show, but at least he had b@lls and vision. I’m not getting any of that from the current cohort. They seem completely hypnotized and duped by this spineless management team.