PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drunk pax fined $21,000
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2019, 20:36
ph-sbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rotornut
Assault resisting arrest is considered a "crime involving moral turpitude", CIMT by the US. He will be denied entry until a substantial time has passed from the date of the conviction when he can apply for a waiver at the US embassy or consulate.
Not entirely true. According to a USCIS brief, resisting arrest may involve moral turpitude if accompanied by assault or any type of violence:

Resisting a law enforcement officer, akin to resisting arrest, has been examined by the Board, which determined that such a crime may constitute a CIMT if the statute in question involves knowledge that someone is a law enforcement officer and the officer suffers a bodily injury or assault.
Since no assault charges were brought (I'm sure they would have done so if his behavior was bad enough), I suspect that in this particular case, the subject may still be eligible for a visa after examination of the details.

Which, for the record, doesn't mean I think the man should ever be allowed on a flight again. If he wants to visit the U.S. or Canada, let him swim.

Source: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...15_01H2212.pdf