PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 31st Jan 2019, 19:40
3wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TRUTHSEEKER1
I have read that myself so it now opens up an investigation into how his ID was visibly checked by a French Airport official? If it has been submitted as an ID I think it is fair to say that it wasn't Emiliano Sala who submitted it as his ID so it to some degree points towards the Pilot having mistakenly shown an incorrect ID at some point of his transit through the airport?

That can be the only feasible explanation? D
You have to remember that what you have heard has been reported in the press ( totally unreliable) or passed on from the French authorities ( perhaps some is lost in translation, so equally unreliable). At the end of the day we will have to await the AAIB report.

However any of us could give you a perfectly reasonable explanation of how Henderson’s “ID” ( note the inverted commas) came into the frame.

As has been explained if the pilot was short of cash/lost his credit card then it would not be unbelievable for Henderson to lend him a company credit card to use for the flight expenses. When I had one my name appeared on the card.

There would have been bills to pay at Nantes prior to departure for fuel, parking, landing fees, handling etc. Probably paid on said credit card.

When the poo hit the fan later it would not be unreasonable ( in the middle of the night) for the French authorities to look through the movements log and get the name Henderson from the payment records and put one and one together and make three.

I’m sure there are other pilots on here who could probably give you other examples of how this error could occur....if they were so inclined.