PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2019, 14:57
LowObservable

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You can offer a fully equipped starship Enterprise that meets all key performance parameters, but submit the proposal one hour late, or miss just one CDRL item or one SOW item in your proposal and your solicitation is non compliant.

And if my Auntie had a **** she'd be my Uncle. None of these things were material in this case (I am sure you would already have listed them in excruciating detail if they were), and indeed such matters are seldom an issue in professionally run responses.

As an example, for their JSF bid McDonnell Douglas offered a solution that met or exceeded all the key performance parameters by a significant margin. So surely, they gotta be in like Flynn. So it would seem, but no. There was one problem. When their gas coupled lift fan failed, they substituted a lift engine on their STOVL version. Their bid was thrown out because it did not meet the "single engine" requirement.

If this is true, MDC and the customers were both incompetent. But I don't recall that it was: underestimating the customer's resistance to LPLC was only one of many flaws in the MDC-led proposal.