PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 31st Jan 2019, 12:38
TRUTHSEEKER1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Rutherford
TRUTHSEEKER1 Your question referred to 'a VFR pilot', if you had written 'Dave Ibbotson" then that is a different question with a potentially different answer. Your updated question now refers to 'EXPIRED IMCr pilot' - is that your question, or are you actually (again?) asking about Dave Ibbotson specifically?
The question can be a broadsheet question that both relates to any EXPIRED IMCr pilot or specifically Dave Ibbotson, however it wasn't an attempt to specifically single out Dave Ibbotson.

As has been shown 'everyone' is learning from this bulletin board, you have learnt that some of your flights in Canada could be deemed illegal ( thankfully nobody has to investigate those flights ) I learnt that my ears play tricks on me overwater because I become more adept to sounds

As this is an ongoing investigation I am led to believe that there is going to be a hell of a lot of explaining to do about why an IFR FPL was filed & then changed to a VFR FPL?
There is also a lot of confusion over how competent airport officials seem to think the paperwork of Dave Henderson was submitted for checking when he claims he hasn't been to Nantes in the last year?

We can all read between the lines, nobody can really explain that at this time but it seems that the CAA & AAIB have insight into what they think is the answer to that conundrum.