PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DSS plea...
Thread: DSS plea...
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2019, 22:02
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colleagues,

As most of you are aware, I no longer have a direct "stake" in the game. However, I still respect and honour my colleagues who have been so badly mistreated by this management over far too many years. I can say without equivocation that this is the most momentous vote in the history of the AOA. It is also a vote where it is plainly obvious that the company is desperate to force through one last attempt to neuter and render powerless that same AOA. Even though the company desperately needs a co-operative and pliant workforce, their arrogance sees them once again attempting to bully, intimidate, manipulate and deceive.

There is absolutely nothing in the offer that is worth you giving away the leverage you currently have. It is a fact that the TB and CC are slowly but surely crippling the organisation. It is also a fact that a turning point in the pilot/demand ratio in the industry has finally reduced below 1:1, and many more pilots in CX have either already left, or are making plans to do so. Both those facts combine to put CX management in a place where they are thrashing around, confused and panicked seeing their usual game plan no longer working.

All you have to do now is vote NO, remain stubbornly wedded to the TB and CC and watch as management is left with no choice but to finally begin restoring conditions and work practices to industry norms. Ask yourselves one simple question: "if this was an offer to the pilot groups of BA, QF, UA, DL, AA, LH, AF etc, etc,...would their pilot groups have a single "yes" vote?" . If the obvious answer is NO, then why would a single CX pilot vote for it either?.

Let this insulting, damaging and career ending proposal die the death it deserves. Let the company threaten and intimidate. Ultimately it is healthier for every single one of you to see the true nature of the beast that you work for. You will then know whether there is truly hope for a career in CX or not. With that information you can properly plan and secure the remaining years of your careers. The truth is a far better reality to deal with than lies, deception and false hope. The only way to truly find out the value of the future in CX is to throw this appalling offer back in their faces and insist that they provide you with a proper contract, with industry leading conditions and work rules. Anything less and you have squandered your careers.

I wish everyone the best, and truly hope to see a career at CX returned to the status it once deserved. Traf.