PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 30th Jan 2019, 14:47
Ralphi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the PDT experience: The BAD - Yes schedules are of low quality with a four day credits usually around min credit (16 hours, being 4 hours per day), due to the number of shorter flights and sits. I have been averaging above monthly guarantee though at around 80-85 hours per month without premium flying. I can confirm that the vast majority of lines have 11 days off. You will get a 12+ day off less than 10% of the time.

The GOOD - I came for the quick upgrade, which is still available at this time. Also re the travel back to Australia, if you are attending a training event and list SYD as your base then the travel to/from the US is indeed POSITIVE space with upgrade listing (space dependent for bus or 1st). I have flown 6 legs like this LAX -SYD & SYD-LAX and was glad for the confirmed seat as a couple of flights were very full. This also means you pay no tax element for these flights. This is all in the PDT contract in black and white. google 'pdt alpa pilot contract' sections 11 and 8 have the detail. PDT are happy to allow this scenario for Interview + Indoc + Systems phases, not for SIM you need to be closer than Oz by that time as it can chop around a bit. (Hence the 3 round trips)

Loving it stateside for a bit.

Ralphi

Cheers Ralphi