PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New pilot
Thread: New pilot
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2019, 13:55
Ilyushin76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smoke mountain
Pay 2 fly is what is damaging this industry! We shouldn't encourage people to do it! We need airlines to get back to the old days bonding pilots to work for couple of years.. All this pilots shortage in the world because airlines prefer Direct entry pilots which is unfair in my opinion.

@airman Get an EASA license from any european country and work your way from there ..
I 100% agree with what you have to say regarding the p2f programs. Unfortunately, many pilots (especially South / East Asians) have no other choice. A lot of people continue to get milked out of their hard earned money to this day and its very sad.

Where I come from, either you get picked up by the state carrier (that too if you have amazing links or are someone who can ace the exam and the "interview") or just continue flying in flight schools as a flight instructor and eventually just wither away. The private carriers would go for someone who has excess hours on multi engine turbines or are " ex - men in uniform".
The only option some fortunate pilots have had in the past is via the p2f programs offered by the private carriers. Inside I am sure none of these pilots are happy about the choice they made, due to the financial hit they took.