PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado RAPTOR - how much of a capability gap?
Old 30th Jan 2019, 10:09
falcon900

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
pr00ne, agreed, losing the capability of carrying it is not a secret, but Jackonickos original post goes well beyond that basic fact, eg "So how big a capability gap will the withdrawal of Raptor leave?", "He also said that Raptor capabilities were being directly replaced by capabilities on a range of platforms – including a ‘wide body’. (What system is that, and on which widebody?), "I understand that there has been some consideration of putting RAPTOR on current Reapers or on the new Protectors,"

Jackonicko, I am not suggesting that the retirement of the pod is militarily sensitive, but promulgating quotations from senior serving officers and seeking clarification or confirmation of the implications of their remarks with regard to what might replace the pod, along with the relative performance level thereof seems more questionable, at least to me. I might simply be being very old fashioned, but it is nevertheless wholly disingenuous to suggest that your post was confined to the fact of the pods retirement.