PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO seeking advice RYR vs. Legacy Airlines
Old 29th Jan 2019, 22:19
me179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Airline is part of the LH Group with the red flag and white cross, the type is the new A220, not a very popular type. The country is scary expensive, the salary is great in term of numbers, but not when it comes to living in Switzerland. Commuting is an option on short haul only if one goes part-time, i.e. less earn and more taxation outside Switzerland. Longhaul in 3 to 4 years.

As you said, I can come back to RYR if things dont work well. Roster has a lot of night stops with min 9 days off /m but an average of 11 days off /m. At RYR it's 14 days off a month. I would like to experience living in Asia for couple of years, not nescessary China. I could go sebatical for that, but then still as FO with no value in the Asian aviation culture, and leads to freezing my Siniority here during the sebatical time. After RYR with some PIC time (2 years to command and 2 years for some decent PIC time), I could go to Asia. However it's too early to predict how the world would look like in 4 years from now...

The chance is there for the legacy now, I think it's not wise to refuse it. Afterall, I will be building up my flight time and getting experience on a new type... but command in 10 years means I will be 50 by then!

I appreciate some infos from personal experience and advices with reasoning / explanation. I have a hard time taking the right descision.