PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2019, 19:03
Fly757X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Amelia Earhart
Was there not the demand for a 3rd rotation to Stansted? At one stage there used to be 150K pax p.a. on the STN route. There is currently about 50K pax. A 3rd rotation could have increased that to 75K which is similar to the number carried by Ryanair after they reduced Stansted to one rotation.

I have to confess I have had to fly from BFS as the times from LDY did not suit. An extra rotation would have made the difference.

MAN and BHX could have been added on another plane. Of course that would depend on BMI regional having an available plane.....
With BMI shearing away at their fleet at the minute this will be unlikely until these fantasy E-Jets or CRJs arrive so that the ERJs can be redeployed...

Anyway, next for the airport that they've got their beloved Manchester... Dublin/Birmingham? Dublin obviously would require daily UK customs at CoDA.Also, it will be interesting to see where they take these "talks with other carriers" in regards to sun routes. I personally see Balkan Holidays to Burgas as a reasonable target and one that has been proven in the past. (Derry was listed on their site for S19 a while back)

Last edited by Fly757X; 29th Jan 2019 at 19:31.