PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2019, 17:58
owenc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AOCMALL0W
Actually, the UK received a bailout in 1976 from the IMF. So maybe brush up on your own history before using that kind of crap in support your bitterness towards the Republic and its success and might I add, the money received from the UK was used to bailout Ulster Bank and the Bank of Scotland so I fail to see your point. Besides, for DUB and BFS to actually be considered competitors, DUB would have to lose 20-something million passengers, a few dozen airlines, various links to the USA, Canada, China and the Middle East. Also, have your seen the facilities at BFS , I am embarrassed that we share a tourism agency and welcome people to Ireland there. I'm sorry "mate" but DUB (and Ireland in general) is leagues ahead of that tin-shack outside Belfast and the non-entity of NI.
Northern Ireland is not a Non entity. Don’t go there.

People wouldn’t be bitter about your country if Leo Varadkar would have respect for the United Kingdom by calming down his rhetoric and stop trying to tell the UK what to do.

Not to mention, using Northern Ireland Peace process to blackmail the UK into shackling itself to the EU.